Health & Safety
The Company and its subsidiaries are committed to the protection of life, health and the environment for present and future generations. The Company will focus its resources to achieve shareholder profitability in all of its operations without neglecting its commitment to sustainable development.
The Company will respect the needs and culture of the local communities in which it works, and its employees are responsible for incorporating the actions necessary to fulfill this commitment into their planning and work.
To meet its responsibilities, the Company and its subsidiaries will provide its employees with the necessary resources to:
- Design, construct, operate and close its facilities to comply with applicable local regulations and laws and to meet international guidelines.
- Promote employee commitment and accountability to this policy and enhance their capabilities in its implementation through the use of integrated management systems.
- Promote the development and implementation of effective, realistic systems to minimize risks to health, safety and the environment. Be proactive in community development programs so the communities are not reliant on the mines for their future.
- Communicate openly with employees, local stakeholders and governments on its plans, programs and performance.
- Work cooperatively with government agencies, local communities, educational institutions and suppliers to achieve safe handling, use and disposal of all our materials, resources and products.
- Use the best technologies to continuously improve the safe, efficient use of resources, processes and materials.